What’s better than a fun weekend? How about a fun & FREE one!
1. F1rst Friday – May’s 1st Friday event celebrates Fine Arts in Statesboro and will feature musical performances by Statesboro High School, Southeast Bulloch High School, and Sallie Zetterower Elementary School. Enjoy live music and fun for the whole family downtown between 5:30pm-8pm.
2. Lichtmond: Universe of Light – Embark on a journey through immersive worlds of music and images in a visionary parallel universe. This amazing audiovisual trip is wellness for the senses and features award winning music. Showtimes are 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10pm at the GSU Planetarium on Friday night.
3. The Main Street Statesboro Farmers Market – It’s Strawberry Days at the Market this Saturday! While you browse the area’s freshest fruits and produce, enjoy samples and a recipe for Freezer Jam from Jacob’s Produce. You can also bring your old documents and hard drives for safe, effective data destruction downtown from 9am-12:30pm.
4. Directing Showcase Theatre – Enjoy 12 scenes from contemporary and modern plays while enjoying the intimacy of the Black Box Theatre at GSU’s Center for Art and Theatre on Saturday from 2pm-5pm.
5. Symphonic Wind Ensemble Concert – The Georgia Southern Symphonic Wind Ensemble is the most select of the three concert bands in the University’s Bands Program, with a membership limited to 50-55 of the most accomplished woodwind, brass, and percussion performers on the GSU campus. Rejoice at this musical event Sunday at 3pm at the Performing Arts Center at GSU.